Salted Caramel Fudge Balls
Taking traditional fudge to a new level, these salted caramel fudge balls are a delectable delight, and make a great handmade gift too.
Serves6 - 10
cooks in20 MINUTES
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Stir all of the ingredients in a pot over medium heat, using only 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Keep stirring as the mixture bubbles, and only remove from the heat once it has turned golden brown in colour (if not stirred continuously, the sugar quickly burns in the pot).
- Tip: To test if the mixture is ready to be removed from the heat, try dropping a teaspoon full into a glass of cold water. The fudge will form a firm ball if it’s ready.
- Once you have removed the mixture from the heat, spoon it into a food processor and mix for approximately 10 minutes, until it becomes slightly grainy in texture (a hand held beater can also be used).
- When the mixture is firm and grainy, shape into balls with your hands and place onto the
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt, and use your hand to roll the balls around on the tray a little to pick up the salt crystals.
- Tip: If you don’t want to get your hands sticky you can roll the balls in a little flour to keep them dry.
- Place the tray in the fridge and allow to set for two hours.