This tart is great for a lazy meatless Monday summer’s evening. Serve it with the rocket salad, to cut through the richness of the blue cheese.
Butternut & Blue Cheese Tart
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the butternut and rosemary into an oven tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add sprinkling of dried chill flakes and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the butternut in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once the butternut has started caramelising and is cooked through and golden, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Next, heat a frying pan then add a glug of olive oil and the butter.
- Sauté the onions over a low temperature until they are really soft and delicious.
- Place the short crust pastry inside a round 30cm baking tin, making sure it’s firmly pressed onto the bottom and sides of the tin. Cut off any excess pastry.
- Using a fork, prick the surface of the pastry – this will allow air to escape when you blind bake it.
- Put the pastry into the oven at 200 °C and bake until golden – about 12 minutes.
- Whisk the egg, then add the cooled onions and season to taste.
- Evenly spread out the onion and egg over the baked pastry.
- Add the roasted butternut.
- Sprinkle over the blue cheese and pop the tart into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Allow to cool slightly, before slicing.
- Serve with the Rocket and Pear salad.
Combine all the ingredients and toss to coat in the dressing before serving.