- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Put the fish fillets into a baking dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through – be very careful to not overcook it!
- While the fish is baking in the oven, make the sauce.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan, then sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, tomato paste, white wine and fresh parsley.
- Gently simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir through the basil and fresh cream.
- Add the white wine, and stir to deglaze the pan, then add the tinned tomatoes, sugar, salt and fresh parsley.
- Pour the sauce into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- By now your fish should be cooked through. Remove it from the oven, pour the sauce over the hake and top with a generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
- Pop the fish back into the oven and bake until the cheese is gold and crispy on top.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side, rice and a fresh seasonal salad.