- Scoop or cut out the centre of each Hot Cross Bun, being careful not to go all the way to the bottom.
- Butter the back of a spoon and push the sides and bottoms of the holes back to make wells for the eggs, simultaneously spreading the inside of the holes with butter.
- Break the eggs into a saucer and gently transfer into the cavities of the Hot Cross Buns. Lightly sprinkle the eggs with salt, pepper, chopped chilli and parsley.
- Spray a small oven pan well with non-stick spray or rub with butter and place the buns in the pan.
- Bake for approximately10 to12 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, or until the egg whites are set.
- Take out of the oven, transfer onto serving plates and serve warm.