- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and peppers
- Add mince, chilli and seasoning. Cook until browned
- Add grated carrots and continue to cook while you do the next step;
- Blend 1 can of chopped tomatoes into a purée and add to the pan
- Add the other can of chopped tomatoes to the pan
- Stir well while adding the rice and water
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the corn
- Cover and simmer for another 5 – 10 mins.
- Liquids should be absorbed and rice tender.
Serve with guacamole and salsa over the top
Add red kidney beans for extra texture! Use any leftover as a filling for wraps, or serve with salad.