Bake this easy and tasty Pilchard Quiche and put some good and healthy food on your table today!
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the melted butter and mix until it turns into a ball of pastry.
- Place pastry in fridge whilst preparing the filling.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the OK Brand Pilchards in Hot Chili Sauce to a mixing bowl and mix in the onions, milk, eggs and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, dust a flat surface with flour and roll pastry out.
- Prepare a pie plate with non-stick spray or rub well with butter.
- Line the pie plate with the rolled out pastry.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Serve hot with a crisp green side salad.