This is Guy Food – the kind of sandwich you make when your best mate comes over for lunch.
- Place the skinless chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Add a small glug of olive oil, lemon juice, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine with your hands, making sure that the chicken is completely covered.
- Pop in the fridge and leave for about an hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the marinated chicken, and fry until cooked through – about 10 minutes a side.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the bacon on a baking tray and grill in a hot oven until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Keep the chicken and bacon warm.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls in half.
- Heat a griddle pan and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the griddle pan is hot, place the ciabattas inside and toast the insides until griddle lines have formed – do these in batches if necessary.
- While the bread is still hot, take the halved garlic and rub it onto the insides of the rolls.
- Grab two plates and put half a garlicky ciabatta onto each, then build your sandwich.
- Start with a layer of cos lettuce, followed by mozzarella, red onion and sliced tomato.
- Next, cut the grilled chicken into strips and place on top of the tomato.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard and generously drizzle it over the chicken.
- Season to taste, and then place the crispy bacon on top.
- Close them up with the other two halved ciabattas, cut in half and serve with ice-cold beer.
OK FOOD TIP:
For the health conscious guy, replace the ciabatta with rye bread and leave out the bacon.