Once you’ve made your own pizzas, you will wonder why you ever ordered them! This easy and cheap meal will become a family favourite that could turn into a regular fun activity for the whole family, from young to old.
4 - 6
- Knead dough on a flour dusted surface, forming a round ball. (Note that you can also divide the dough into smaller balls to make smaller pizzas).
- Brush the dough with olive oil, cover with plastic or cling wrap and set aside for 45 minutes.
- Dust a flat surface with flour and lightly roll the balls out until it is approximately 1 to 2 cm thick.
- Place your pizza bases on suitable baking sheets that have been covered well with non-stick spray.
The Sauce :
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat and gently sauté the garlic for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Simmer gently on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Spread 2-4 tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the dough.
- Add cheese and any toppings of your choice, trying to cover the sauced area as far as possible.
- This is your chance to be creative!
- Bake at 250c in a pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and the dough is cooked golden. Keep an eye on your pizza and make sure it does not burn when serving.