Create some funny finger food for Halloween! You do not need much more than a bag of ready-made bread dough, viennas and a little bit of cheese.
Serves6 - 12
cooks in30 MINUTES
- On a floured surface, roll out about half of the dough 1/2 a centimeter thick.
- Cut the viennas in half and use one as measurement to cut the dough in squares.
- Place half Vienna on a square, hold it down on the dough and cut the exposed dough on either side of the Vienna, in thin strips. These strips will be the mummies “bandages”.
- Now wrap the dough over and around the Viennas from both sides. Use the recipe image as a guide. Remember to leave some space for the face.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a non-stick spray. Place the mummies, face up on the tray and paint them lightly with egg white.
- Pre-heat your oven to 1800c and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Making the eyes:
- Cut a few thin slices of cheese.
- Try to peel the vegetable you are using the same thickness as the cheese slices.
- Using the large straw, punch large circles out of the cheese.
- Now punch small circles in the cheese circles with the thin straw.
- Using the small straw, punch little circles out of your dark veggie peel. Pop the little pieces of veg peel into the cheese holes, dark side up. Position the eyes on the faces when the mummies are still slightly warm. This will help their eyes to stick on not roll off.
Serve your Mummies with Tomato or Chilli Sauce.