You don’t need a whole lot of ingredients to make delicious, fresh pasta. But you do need to know these three rules: One, use only the best quality pasta you can find, two use fresh, seasonal ingredients and three, whatever you do, make sure you don’t overcook the pasta- it has to be al dente! If you do those three things, the rest will take care of itself.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Drizzle olive oil into an oven tray and add the tomatoes (halved and whole).
- Add the garlic and chilli, season to taste and then toss the tomatoes around to combine all the ingredients.
- Pop the tray into the oven and roast the tomatoes until charred and blistered (about 10 – 15 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt and then the spaghetti.
- Cook to al dente then remove from the heat and drain.
- Place the spaghetti in a large serving platter and scatter over the blistered cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle over the toasted sunflower seeds, grated parmesan and fresh basil.
- Finish off with a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt and cracked black pepper.
- Tuck in!