Make this easy Chicken & Broccoli Pie today and find your new favourite meal!
- In large deep pot, add oil and fry grated garlic, chicken, onions and mushrooms until slightly browned.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Add frozen peas to the casserole dish.
- In another pot – steam or boil broccoli florets until just cooked al dente and then transfer the cooked broccoli to the large casserole dish.
- There is no need to wash the chicken pot. Use this same pot to make the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk slowly, a little bit at a time, until all milk is incorporated.
- Remember to whisk the milk continuously and continue to add all the milk until you have a white, smooth sauce.
- Once the sauce has begun to thicken, take it off the heat, and add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix well until cheese is completely incorporated into the white sauce.
- The sauce must not be too thick, as it will continue to thicken in the oven.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. (You really want lots of sauce.)
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into large bowl.
- Mix egg, oil and milk together
- Add egg mixture to flour.
- Mix until smooth, should resemble dumpling type mixture.
- Pour over the chicken and cheese sauce.
- Bake in 180 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Serve warm with a fresh green salad.