10 - 12
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together, mix in sugar and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Now add the eggs, milk and oil. Mix together well.
- Add the nuts and chocolate bits and mix lightly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in a rectangular or square oven dish in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius; or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn over onto a cooling rack and once cooled, cut into 24 equal sized squares
- Arrange 12 squares on a microwave proof plate and place 1 marshmallow, flat side down, on top of each square. Microwave for about 15 – 20 seconds or until the marshmallows puff up.
- Remove from microwave and quickly place the other 12 squares on top of the puffed marshmallows.
- Now place brownies on a cooling rack on top of a tray, (to catch chocolate overflow), and generously cover each brownie with melted chocolate. Let it cool completely. Place in sealed container and hide away in fridge until serving.