Ramona Moodley ticked all the right boxes with this “What’s cooking in your kitchen?” winning recipe. An impressive dish without the fuss, it’s the perfect meal for sharing.
Steak: 4 1/2 mins, Potatoes: 20mins
- Let steaks stand 30 minutes at room temperature (prep and roast potatoes in this time).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over steaks.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Heat oil in pan and add the steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add butter, thyme, and garlic to pan.
- Carefully grasp pan handle using an oven mitt or folded dish towel and tilt the pan toward you to make the butter pool; cook 1 1/2 minutes, basting steaks with butter constantly.
- Remove steaks from pan and cover loosely with OK Housebrand foil.
- Let it stand 10 minutes. Reserve butter mixture.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Discard thyme and garlic, and spoon the reserved butter mixture over the steak.
- Preheat oven to 250OC
- Place potatoes in a large roasting pan and toss with OK Housebrand Sunflower oil, OK Housebrand salt, pepper, and rosemary until evenly coated. Spread potatoes out in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately
- Strip off the mint leaves, sprinkle with salt and chop finely.
- Place into a jug, add the sugar and pour over the boiling water, stir and leave to cool.
- Stir in the vinegar and taste.
- Add more water or vinegar to adjust the seasoning to suit your taste.